Scout Meeting 24th July 2010

[This blog was written by our scribe, Senior Sixer Brenda Wang]


The 24th of July marked the day where the new batch of sixers took over their respective sixes. The day started off with the usual horseshoe. Being a new senior sixer myself, I hoped that I would say the right commands during the horseshoe. I hoped that the whole day would be smooth sailing.


We first lined up in Indian file where the sixers were given their new scout logs. Each six has to decorate the log as creatively as possible. Once settled, we proceeded to move to the AVA room to submit the Donation Draw proceeds/ tickets. While wating for their turn, the sixes moved to their six's corner to take their Bronze Arrow. As I walked around, I encouraged some cubs who were playing among themselves, while the Sixer was talking, to try to join their six and listen to their Sixers. They should not be doing their own things.


After collecting the Donation Draw Booklets, Akela commented that all of us sold very few booklets this year. He wanted those who sold one or two booklets to sell more booklets.


Ms Tan then took over by briefing us on the Water Badge. We were taught Singapore's water resources, how important water was and ways to conserve water. The Public Utilities Board slogan, 'Water for all: Conserve, Value, Enjoy' was very important as it tells us that we should conserve water, value the water, and enjoy water with activities such as sailing and kayaking. We also watched videos of the cute cartoon Water Wally on how to save water.


The day ended with the usual horseshoe and Sixers Council. I was glad that all of us had stepped up to our new roles and tried to manage our six to the best of our abilities. During Sixers' council, Akela reminded that during the meeting, we, as sixers, cannot get too carried away with our friends and talk to each other. Instead, we should set a good example to our cubs. Other than that, he praised that everything else was alright. I was glad that everything went smooth sailing.


Apart from the new role, I also learnt a lot about water conservation, Singapore's water sources, the importance of water and much more. I will make sure that I apply what I have learnt from Water Wally and conserve water at home, in school and at public places.

Comments