Weekly Meeting 30 Sep 2023

By Koala Sixer Ryan Toh

I was greeted by Zhe Yuan when I arrived at the Kidzone for Scouts meeting. I saw lines of fellow cub scouts lining up in front of the leaders to sign off badges. We have to come earlier to sign the badges, however, I could see that I probably wouldn’t get a chance today because the queue was pretty long. I would have to wait for another day.
Shortly after, the senior sixers, Donald and Ewan, blew the whistle to inform us to attend to horseshoe. We gathered in a C-shaped formation while we did flag raising. We gathered in Indian file after the flag raising to take attendance.
Raksha gave out the Diamond Jubilee Q1 badge to those scouts who had completed the Go Solar Journal. Hathi then briefed us about the Solar Diamond Jubilee Q4 challenge. We are required to do a reflection on the Go Solar journey we took this year. She gave us 25 minutes to finish answering the questions.
When we were done with the questions, Ikki, told us that we were going to do a team quiz. He told us that we were be answering some questions regarding scouting as a Six. The result is not out yet, my Six wondered which Six is going to be first. Points were awarded to the top 3 six.
After a break, we did foot drill with Ikki. It was so hard as we had to keep still and do the drill over and over again. Although I got mixed up with some of the drills, my fellow sixers encouraged me to carry on, they provided me with tips to remember the drills. I am grateful for their help.
The foot drill was finally done after what seemed like a long time.
Grey wolf gathered us to play two rounds of games, called Mafia. The rule of the game was about following our mafia leader’s actions and not let our mafia leader get caught by the “policemen”. It was a fun game, we had lots of laughter.
Soon, it was time for home. I am looking forward to the next meeting.
Happy Scouting!

Comments