Games Day/ Amazing Trail Prep 27thApr2019

Written by Ross Pary, Asst Sixer and Scribe


It was a sunny Saturday morning as I went to Henry Park to attend my scout’s meeting. My fellow scouts and I assisted our juniors in attaining their badges before the meeting started.

After the sunrise ceremony, Mr Tan showed us how to do the rolling hitch. It was a bit difficult but I managed to get it on my 3rd try. To do the rolling hitch, you need to loop the tag end of the rope around an item. Secondly, you need to bring the rope down behind the item. After that, you need to bring the rope up, wrapping the item. Then, you need to pass the rope between the straps. Finally, pull both ends of the rope to tighten the item.

We used our shoelace as a rope and our limbs to practice on. After untying our rolling hitches, we headed to Music Room 1. There, Baloo taught us these three songs; “Heal the world”, “We are the world” and “I’ll be there”. They were all sung by Michael Jackson. They represent love, unity and responsibility respectively.

As I was singing these three songs, I reflected on what a prestigious chance it would be for me for me to sing in front of the whole unit and the parent’s, I promised myself that I would practice very hard for these three songs.

I also cannot wait for the Amazing Trail!

Comments