Amazing Trail Briefing, 13th Apr2019


Written by Thirrushan, Asst Sixer & Scribe

It was a Saturday, and that only meant one thing, scouts! I quickly took the bus in my green uniform and was at the Kidzone at about 8.40 a.m. Today we were going to have the Amazing Trail meeting! Whenever I hear those words, my memories go back to all the four years I have taken part in the Amazing Trail! I have even taken part in the 10th anniversary of the Trail!:)

After the colour party, we assembled in Indian File. Baloo went through the Scout Promise. Which is :
      “On my honour, I promise that I’ll do my best, to do my duty to god, and to the Republic of Singapore. To help other people, and to keep the Scout Law”

After that, Mr Tan taught us how to do the clove hitch.

A while later, Mr Cheong taught all of us how to do a head and arm bandage with our scarf! It was especially easy for me as I had taken part in the First Aid Course for the AKELA AWARD!

Soon after, we quickly hurried to Music Room 1 where we practised two songs for the Gala Dinner after the Amazing Trail. They were both Michael Jackson songs and I had already known one of the two songs; Heal The World! I sang it out loud with glee.

The parents were already at the teaching lab by the time we got there for the briefing. I had already known every single rule in the briefing, but I still listened attentively to every detail.

In about 30 minutes, the briefing was over. All the parents ran to the registration counter, where they made their payment and checked the size of the shirts. My father came a while later. Today I did many things. From singing to first aid!

Comments