Recruit Camp Cum Unit Campfire 19 to 20Jan2019


Written by Cheong Yew Chung, Sixer and Scribe



“Beep Beep! All sixers and assistant sixer form a row wile recruits gather here.” It was recruit camp and I was going as a service scout which meant I would help out with some activities like the water bombs and singing of songs.



Me and my fellow sixers first went to prepare our skit for the campfire which all the P6 sixers do. It was a challenge as only a few had premade their weapons meaning that those who did not had to rush to make weapons, it was so much of a rush that Gavan did not have enough time to make a shield and since he was my tribe leader, I had to lend him my shield making me shield less and my shield ended up broken in the handle.



It was super fun we all had fun practising the fake fights and dying! Except for the tribe leaders.



After we practised Raksha wanted us to help her prepare the cookers and solid fuel. Before we knew it, we all helping the recruits make delicious noodles nut we did not need to make our noodles because we already had catered food. When the recruits went away to do their things me and the other sixers went to clear the mini cookers and solid fuels.



After that, we had a final skit rehearsal and lot soccer while some tried to see what the mcs were planning! We then started making a massive water bomb stash but were interrupted to teach the recruit some songs. After that we did a Gin Gang Guli play before getting dinner which ended with us doing the skit again. And we did the camp fire! It was blazing, the fire was warm and nice in the silent night where we all sang songs that cheered up everyone and we played with water bombs and splashed the recruits when they were debriefed! And we just slept.



The next day, we all went to wake up the recruits and start morning PT. Our breakfast was super delicious we all had 2 pieces of bread, I think. After that we cleared up the canteen, class room and the campfire pit. However, it was time for me to leave as I had Aikido so I left early by saying goodbye to the leaders before going with my brother.

Comments