Lashings Part II 13thJun2020


Written by Ross Pary, Senior Sixer and Chief Scribe
 
Today was an interesting day for me as I had to attend both halves of the scouts zoom meeting as Thirrushan was sick. Nevertheless, it was fun to attend both halves of the meeting. I started off with the sun set party, though it was just with no flag. After that, Dragonheart took over the session. On Thursday, Dragonheart released a video on Facebook on how to tie a shear knot in two ways.
 
The first way was easier than the second way, but it was not really what the shear knot is known for. It was just tying two poles together to make them longer. It was what we used in the Sixer’s Training Camp to make a makeshift pole. The second way was more fun for me as it showed what the shear knot was useful for. It was used to join two poles together and be able to stretch them like an X. Next, I had to manage my own six in a breakout room to tie the shear knot. It was a bit hectic, but we managed to get the job done. Soon, we went back into our main meeting and Bagheera explained the bronze and silver arrow to the new scouts. At the end of the meeting, he showed the points. It was so depressing to see my six in last! 😭😭  

Soon, the meeting ended and I stayed behind for the next meeting. It was about the same, but I managed to lead Kookaburra in the tying of the shear knot. They were really attentive and it was easy to get it done. Even though this meeting was a tiring one, it sure was a fun one! 
 
 





Comments