Dragon Boating & Telematch, 10Nov2018

Jointly Written by: Kwan Kai Fong, Assistant Senior Sixer & Scribe And Cheong Yew Chung, Sixer & Scribe

I came to school early and when I realised the P6’s were coming I was sad since this would be the last time we see them until the P6 send off. We were placed in our groups and I was happy with mine.

We went to a sport dome and walked to the place where we would start the dragon boating and end it. I was a bit angry with my dad because he was being a bit annoying. We learned how to hold our paddle and put on our life vests aka. PFT aka. Personal flotation device. Once we got on to the boat I was scared because it was rocking I felt like the boat would capsize but once we went off I felt at ease.

“Row! Go 1, go 2, 3 ……” how did we get to this?  

Ok we are going to enter the boat I am Cheong yew Chung and I was in boat 1. We were all in the bus on the way to the dragon boating centre but even in the bus, everyone was hyped because we all played our favourite game Brawl Stars. When we entered, we were briefed on what to do. And then we went off to our amazing journey! We were all taught how to row the dragon boat and we all had practise for a final race. Unexpectedly, when we met boat 2 we began a boat fight! Water was splashing everywhere we were un prepared. We retreated and learnt how to splash water at a better angle. At the end we established friendly relationships and raced which was where we started and anyways we raced and all were fast but we had won! I could not believe that in just a few minutes we knew all the basics and were able to race and win! I hope I would be able to do this again.                                                   

On the boat we learned how to row the boat and splash water at other boats. Kaden and Ross had a try to command the boat they both had their flaws Ross tried some new tactics that didn’t work well.

After all of that we changed and went back to Henry Park for our telematch and lunch.

After lunch we went to the soccer field for our tele-match you could feel the excitement in the air there were a lot of things to do like using our bodies, shoes and bags or the one where we blow a ball from one cup to another cup or the one with the hula hoops where we can only use all our joints and no hands over all my favourite is tic-tac-toe where we run into the hula hoops. Over all that day was fun because there were a lot of fun stuff.

Comments