Cooking Session, 3Nov2018

Written by: Chong Min Rei, Senior Sixer and Scribe

It was a normal meeting. As we were told to bring our mass tin and utensils, I expected to do outdoor cooking. We started off by having colour party and then letting the sixes have their Six corner. After six corner, we all lined up waiting for Baloo’s instructions.

We followed Baloo’s instructions and moved to KidZone 2 where Baloo talked to us about cooking using a gas stove, I was surprised as I thought we were doing outdoor cooking like normal. Baloo talked to us about the ingredients of a fire.

Soon enough, all of us were at the canteen waiting for the leaders to help us and tell us what we needed to do. I was with the girl seniors as I knew them really well and I could join any team I wanted to join. Joanne and Trisha told me that we were going to make French toast, now my stomach was grumbling waiting for the food to fill it up.

The team was going to make French toast but with a twist, as Trisha had a lot experience cooking in the kitchen she suggested to us to but the in between the French toast. We did not think it was a bad idea so we tried it out, to my surprise it tasted amazing.

Not long, we tried out different ways to do it and we found a very good and simple technique. We also made some scrambled eggs. Cooking with my seniors was a lot of fun and they were so creative on how we could do our French toast.

After an hour, we could finally eat. After I sang Tik Tok, I ate our food. It tasted amazing, I was elated about how it turned out. Luckily, we had some milo to quench our thirst. Joanne had some ice cubes that she shared with me so my milo would not have been as hot. After we finished our food, we cleaned up. The seniors were checking the Cub’s mass tins while some of them were controlling the amount of water they used to wash up. Some of the cubs also helped clean their tables and benches before they were supposed to assemble at the KidZone. There Baloo told the Sixers to wash the pan and spatulas. Cleaning up was a tough job but the Sixers pushed through and washed them up.

At the KidZone, Baloo asked some of the cubs what they did and what they had learnt from this experience. He also told us how to marinate a chicken and how simple it was. After a debrief we had our sunset party and then sixer’s council. I could not wait for the dragon boat race and tele match next meeting.

Comments