Tent Pitching 15September2018

Written by Ross Pary, Asst Sixer & Scribe 

Today was an interesting day. We were going to do Tent pitching! So exciting. It was a great skill to learn. The meeting started as Mr Cheong let us do the six corner, an activity brought back from the past. It was basically a short period of ten minutes. It includes setting goals for our six members for: proficiency badges and progress badges. After the six-corner
ended, Min Rei told us to go the grass patch outside and collect our tent bags.

We got a bit too excited and started taking the tents out of the bag. Actually, we were supposed to put our tent bags on a grass spot. Then, we were supposed to sit down on the
concrete floor and wait for instructions. Soon after we settled down, Mr Cheong asked all the sixers to do a demonstration for the new scouts as they may not have pitched a tent before. The recruits listened to the sixers closely and put up their tents in no
time. Well done!

Soon, it was our turn to pitch our tent. But, the tent my group took had a dead knot in the centre and one of the ‘skeletons’ was too long. However, with perseverance and help from the adult leaders, we managed to pitch our tent. It was a great lesson on teamwork.

As I was lining up in Horseshoe formation, I reflected on how important it is for me to give my all in any task I have been assigned to do. I hope to do my best so that I can improve my skills

Comments