Footdrill, First Aid & Fun games, 16 August 2014

Written by: Kwey Xiu Xi, Sixer & Scribe


As the title, location and date tells you, this paragraph is about the Cub Scout Meeting on the 16th of August. Anyway, I came to scouts early to hand up some bits of my Silver Arrow, and I saw 4 big scouts. Later, I found out that they were some Scouts who would be teaching us for the next three/four weeks. I was pretty excited, until I found out that the first programme on the list was foot drills. I do my best at them, but still do not really “enjoy” them.

Well, foot drills weren’t bad. We learnt this new interesting exercise called the Parade Party or something. We just stood still. We managed to get up to 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Next, we had first aid. We were taught how to tie the normal arm sling, the elevated arm sling, how to bandage a hand with an object stuck in it, and a head bandage. The arm slings were easy to tie with our scarfs and I soon got the hang of it.

Lastly, we had games. We played Captain’s Ball, where you had to try to throw the ball to your representative at the other end of the court. We were split into groups of eleven. My team was awesome! On the whole, we did very well. 

On a whole, you can see that the games were the most heated and most exciting. But, I also learnt new things, especially the triangular bandage tying. It is hiking next week,and outdoor cooking the week after. Scouts is just so exciting!

Brother Scouts from Hwa Chong...

Footdrill...

Footdrill....

Listening attentively to the first aid lesson!

Time to practice :p

Comments