Last Scout Meeting for 2013, 12th October 2013

Written by: Andrew Yeo, Assistant Senior Sixer & Scribe

Today was the last scout meeting for the year 2013! Saddening as it was, there was a pinch of happiness mixed in. I was happy because I could see all the participants of the Akela award 2013 with their new badges on their jerseys.

We started off as usual as the previous meetings. After that, instead of doing what we usually did, we played two games! We ran a lot! For one of the games, we were required to push toilet rolls with sticks. The other game taught us how to navigate using the four main directions-North, south, east and west. All of us enjoyed the games, and had an enjoyable time.

Before we ended today’s meeting, Mrs Koh also gave all of us special treat!  Home-baked snacks (cornflakes coated with honey and butter, and were sprinkled with rainbow sprinkles). Upon looking at them, I immediately knew they would taste delicious. Everyone could be seen gobbling up the snacks after our meeting.

As the meeting drew to an end, I felt an empty sort of feeling take over my heart. I guess it was due to the fact that I was going to miss all my friends after this meeting. Even though I would still see some of them in school, it wouldn’t be the same without having our fun-filled scout meetings. I coudnt wait for next year, when we can once again resume our scout meetings, and create more ever-lasting memories. 

Comments