Making CNY Goodies, 2Feb2019


Written by Cheong Yew Chung, Sixer & Scribe

“Every recruit please go to your sixes!” shouted the senior sixers. Some of the recruits have all forgotten their respective sixes and it took a while for them to settle down and we could start colour party. And after that, we did some badge giving out.              

Without a second to spare, we soon went to the canteen. We put our heavy bags down and then went to different tables to start the activity. We were going to make mini spring rolls! It was 1 of the many CNY goodies(food). Me and my six, Echidna, were excited. Mr Lin taught us how to make them in just a few minutes time, first put in some floss and roll it, then fold the 2 end and then put water so it will stick. As easy as it sounds, it is actually very hard to make.

Me and my six had cleared out the whole packet and could not make anymore. It was mostly thanks to one of the recruits, Leroy, he made them like no tomorrow. After finishing, the leaders helped us fry it while we cleaned up. While waiting for it to cool down, the fresh aroma made us all drool, it was like a CNY miracle because I thought ours would not have smelt that delicious. Soon after 1 of the recruits, Delmar, had to leave so I gave him some of the treats as he had contributed and he left. After it cooled down, we packed a few for our parents in mini plastic bags and ate the rest, and it was super delicious! After that, we went back to the Kids zone to do sunset party. We all had a nice day and I felt this allowed me and my six to bond a little we all worked hard to make the spring rolls but we ate most of it within 5 minutes. Next meeting is investiture! The recruits would all become official members and that would be an unforgettable moment. I can’t wait! I would personally want more activities like this in the future… wait Raksha said that there will be 1 in march and I can’t wait for that either!

Comments