Amazing Trail Preparation, 25th April 2015

Written by: Jessica Koong, Assistant Sixer & Scribe

The preparation for the much-anticipated Amazing Trail has started! This year is the 10th anniversary of the Amazing Trail and Singapore's 50th birthday. I am sure it will be an extraordinary, spectacular Amazing Trail! All the cubs will be performing for the gala dinner this year.

We have been split into three groups - singing, dancing and acting. I chose to dance. The dance has three segments representing the Malay, Indian, and Chinese ethnicity. Each group has a prop. The scouts in the Indian segment have bells and those in the Malay segment have scarfs. As for the scouts in the Chinese segment, we will be using fans. It will surely be a dance that is befitting to commemorate SG50! All the scouts raced to their allocated rooms and pulled off their shoes to enter the room.

In my group, there was a lot of chatter and Mdm Kerina had to raise her voice to calm everyone down. Mdm Kerina revised the dance moves step by step as we had learnt them the previous week.

Suddenly, Raksha and Aunty Joanna entered the room. They gave out the props to each scout and instructed us to take good care of them. We then resumed our rigorous dance practice. By the time we finished all the touch-ups, I was exhausted and beads of sweat formed on my forehead. “ I am so tired!” Kylie exclaimed, sitting down beside me. I had to agree. Although some of the boys did not put 100% effort into dancing, I had no doubt that they would put their heart and soul into the dance on the actual day of the performance.

 To wrap up everything, Mdm Kerina reminded us to bring our traditional costumes for the performance. I squealed in delight, as I could not wait for Amazing Trail! I wondered what the theme would be…

 There will be no scout meeting for the next two Saturdays due to mid-year examinations. Once exams are over, it’s Amazing Trail on 16 May 2015! I am really looking forward to the Amazing Trail, the best event of the year!

Comments