North Area Cub Scout Leadership Training Camp Day 2 on 04 July 2026

 By Senior Sixer Alessia Kwok

I woke up very early even though Hathi had advised us to get up only at 6.30 a.m. My tentmates, Sarah Li and Alexa, were still asleep, so I rolled up my sleeping bag and sat quietly in the tent until I saw the sun beginning to rise.
By then, Sarah and Alexa had also woken up. We helped one another fold our sleeping bags before heading to the toilets to wash up.
After breakfast, we had area cleaning while participants from the other schools started packing up their tents. Once that was done, it was time for inspection.
Everyone brought their belongings to the Lower ISH, where the boys and girls were separated for the inspection.
The inspection went much more smoothly than I had expected, and before long, we were packing up and bringing our bags back to our tents.
Next, we split into groups and rotated through activities on orienteering, first aid, and leadership. We learnt so much about scouting skills, leadership, and teamwork.
For lunch, we prepared our own meal through outdoor cooking at the car park. The Service Scouts helped to light the solid fuel and prepare the ingredients, but we cooked the food ourselves in our mess tins.
I always enjoy outdoor cooking because the food somehow tastes better when we cook it ourselves!
After lunch, we continued with more activities, including orienteering, scouting skills such as flag-breaking and foot drill, as well as a ball race that focused on teamwork.
The Cub Scout Leadership Training Camp concluded at this point, and we received our Cub Scout Leadership Training Course participation certificates and badges.
The participants from the other schools then left, while we continued with our Sixer Training Camp.
We regrouped and had dinner at the canteen, which I wolfed down once again.
Next came the night obstacle course, an activity that the Primary 5 scouts had been looking forward to throughout the entire camp. The course on the field was made using canteen benches and tables. We had to crawl through obstacles and carry buckets filled with water above our heads.
There were also stations where we had to answer questions such as, "What's this alumnus's name?" or "Recite the Second Scout Law." Wrong answers earned us a splash of water! The obstacle course ended with a slip-and-slide. Luckily, I didn't get "coned", although some of my six members did.
After the obstacle course, we went to shower, had some snacks, and received further instructions from the leaders.
Those who had been appointed as Sixers then attended the Sixers' Council led by Grey Wolf in one of the classrooms. He briefed us on how the next day's inspection would be conducted.
After that, I returned to my tent to sleep, but I couldn't help worrying about the inspection the next day. Inspections have always been the part of c

Comments