Handover Ceremony 2026 on 18 July 2026
By Senior Sixer Kiefer Koo
Today was a very meaningful day because our Scout unit had our handover ceremony. Before the ceremony started, I was feeling quite nervous because I did not know what to expect. My heart was beating faster than usual, but I also felt excited to see what was going to happen.
During the ceremony, I was appointed as the new Senior Sixer. When I heard my name being called, I was surprised and proud at the same time. Becoming a Senior Sixer is a big responsibility, and I know that I have to be a good role model for the younger Scouts. Although I still feel a little nervous, I am excited to challenge myself and learn how to become a better leader.
Before the handover ceremony, We went into six corner. During my six corner, me and my Sixer checked our cub scout's uniform's and discussed about what our goals and objectives for today's scout meeting.
We then got back into Indian file and split into different groups (P3, P4, P5 and P6). We went through the different Progress Badges and Proficiency Badges that we can work towards. There are many interesting badges, and I am looking forward to earning more of them in the future. They remind me that Scouting is not only about learning outdoor skills but also about building character, developing new abilities, and always trying to improve myself.
After all of this, we had our usual Sunset party and then Sixers' council.
During the Sixers' Council, we discussed what it means to be a good leader. We shared ideas about leading by example, showing responsibility, and working well as a team. I learned that a good leader does not only give instructions but also listens to others, encourages their teammates, and helps everyone do their best. This discussion helped me understand how I can become a better Senior Sixer.
Today's ceremony marked the start of a new chapter in my Scouting journey. I know there will be challenges ahead, but I will do my best to lead with responsibility, listen to others, and work together with my fellow Scouts. I hope that by the end of this year, I will have grown into a more confident leader and a better Scout.
I am excited for what lies ahead, and I will always remember this special day as the day I took my first step as a Senior Sixer.
Comments
Post a Comment