The Amazing Michelin Hawker Food Trail 2024 on 11 May 2024

By Senior Sixer Donald Or

I arrived at school at around 8:30 am and immediately reported to the hall. It was the most exciting event of the year for me! I was looking forward to it as it was my last Amazing Trail. Most of the Scouts had already arrived and were chatting excitedly in the hall, with their parents sitting at the back. Other schools in the North Area had also joined us. I got my Amazing Trail t-shirt from my facilitator. When I saw the design, I was very excited. It said, "Amazing Michelin Hawker Food Trail!" I like anything about food, so I knew today was going to be great.
I was in the Kookaburra six, and I talked to my juniors about the Amazing Trail. Soon, it was time for the briefing. Ikki briefed us about the starting time and when we needed to report back to school. He also told us about the point system and optional tasks. The part I was most excited about was that we needed to take videos and photos to combine them into a video. After the briefing, we were given some time to change into our Amazing Trail t-shirts. When we came back, my six started planning out the route and the first hawker center we were going to. We decided to set off as soon as possible to save time. We took two buses to a market where we taught a stranger how to tie a reef knot and interviewed a store owner. That gained us quite a few points, giving us a head start. However, our lead was quickly trampled on by Kangaroo. Just like every year, their six is one of the best!
Some of our six members also tried the famous beef noodles there. They had to rate them, and they said they were delicious! After that, we went to another hawker center in the North. We then taught five strangers how to sing a Scout song. At first, they were reluctant to sing it, but our six managed to convince them. Soon, it was lunchtime. We decided to go to Caldecott to eat lunch at a hawker center. We completed some tasks there, like forming the word "HPPS" with our bodies and interviewing a random stranger queuing up for food. The stranger was currently serving in the national service, and he shared more about it with us.
We took a bus and switched to the MRT to go to our next station at Clementi, where we taught five strangers how to dance to a song. It took us quite a while to convince some youngsters as they were a bit shy. We even met a Transformer Bumblebee there! After that, we took a bus and reached school 30 minutes later. One of the parents in my six ordered fast food for us! We started working on our video montage of the day. Editing videos is my hobby, so I helped the assistant Sixer edit it using a video-editing app. After some time, we had to bring the Cubs up to the hall to do the dance rehearsal that we would perform for our parents later during the Gala dinner. The Sixers also brought their bags and uniforms up to the hall. Everyone did exceptionally well during the rehearsal, so after a few times, we didn't have to rehearse anymore.
Baloo asked us to meet Bagheera as we needed to get ready to welcome the guest of honor. The Sixers went down in front of the library to rehearse welcoming the guest of honor. It was very tiring, but it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. We had to stand still and salute the guest of honor when he walked in. We had expected him to arrive earlier, but in the end, we had more time to rehearse. When we were finally done, we rushed up to the hall for the Gala dinner. Our videos were playing on the projector. We got to see other six's videos! The hall smelled of food, and I sat down at my table.
While we were eating, they played some games like guessing what was in your mouth and throwing yarn balls, which was very chaotic. Soon, it was time for us to perform on stage. We did our best, and our parents broke into thunderous applause at the end. The winners of the Amazing Trail were also announced.
Although my six did not win anything, I was glad to have bonded with my friends and family. It was a meaningful experience!

Comments