North Area Cubs Leadership Training Camp Day 1 on 29 June 2024

by Duty Senior Sixer Zac Loh

One rainy Saturday, I was with my mom in the car, heading to school for the North Area Leadership Training Camp. As we approached the school, I saw a bus door open and Cub Scouts getting off. Seeing the new faces made me excited because I knew this camp would be very different. When I went into Kidzone 1, I saw students from different schools sitting in rows.

When it was time, Kaa made an announcement. She called our names one by one, and we were sorted into groups for the three-day camp. Next, we formed a horseshoe and did the flag break. Then, we sat in Indian file and were assigned roles: 12 Sixers, 12 Assistant Sixers, and 3 Senior Sixers. I was the duty Senior Sixer for today. Our next tasks were to build tents for the night and complete four stations of tasks. We were exhausted by lunchtime, but our bento set was delicious. In the afternoon, we tackled another four stations.

As dusk fell, we prepared for dinner. We learned how to start a fire and cooked our food over it—crab sticks, chicken, and sausages. While waiting for the food to cook, we sang songs like "Gako the Frog." After the meal, we washed and dried our mess tins in an orderly manner and gathered near the football field for the campfire. It was wonderful singing songs and coming together around the fire. Our first night ended on a tiring yet wonderful note. As we reflected on the day, we were also excited about the activities planned for the next two days.


Comments